About Cast Iron Welding Services
The process of welding cast iron was originally researched by two brothers, Harold G Palmer and Tom Palmer back in 1946. Together they developed the welding process and the special fluxes required to weld cast iron materials which are still used to this very day. Harold G Palmer established a cast iron welding company named Welding Leicester Ltd in 1946 in an old brick shed in Leicester. He started to build a customer base welding castings for the foundry industry which produced a virtual invisible weld stronger than the parent material.
Before long his small brick shed was too small to cope with the growing business and he built a factory on Gough Road in in 1954. The company continued to expand into the engineering trade as it became apparent the gas fusion welding process produced a virtually invisible strong weld repair which saved thousands of pounds compared to the purchase of replacement castings.